Please check your state and local laws before purchasing a suppressor.
When most people are thinking about purchasing a suppressor for the first time they can feel overwhelmed by the process to acquire the suppressor. There is a lot of misconception about the process and exactly what needs to take place to get your suppressor. Many people think that you need to have a Class 2 or 3 license to own a suppressor when in reality that is not the case in most states. If you live in a state where suppressor ownership is legal, and you can legally own a firearm, then you can usually own a suppressor.

You can spend hours on the internet trying to get the correct answer when in reality the process is much simpler than you might think. We take every step to try and ensure that you understand the process and we will help you along the entire way with the correct information you need to be able to get the suppressor you want in your hands.

For South Dakota Residents Only
If you are a South Dakota resident, Primal Rights can transfer you a suppressor on a Form 4. After you have purchased a suppressor from us, we will send you a packet which contains all of the forms and documents that are required. Included in the packet are instructions on how the Form 4 needs to be filled out and what steps you need to take to complete the forms.

Items required for a Form 4 for an individual:

  1. Fingerprint cards (x2)
  2. ATF Form 5330.20 (Certification of Compliance with 18 U.S.C 922(g)(5)(B)
  3. Form 4
  4. Chief Law Enforcement’s signature (typically your local county Sheriff)
  5. $200.00 check made out to the B.A.T.F.E

Items required for a Form 4 for a Trust:

  1. ATF Form 5330.20 (Certification of Compliance with 18 U.S.C 922(g)(5)(B)
  2. Form 4
  3. $200.00 check made out to the B.A.T.F.E (Each NFA item requires a $200 fee. If you order two suppressors, that would equal $400 in ATF fees)

After you complete all the Form 4 and the other requirements for the rest of the paperwork you will send the packet back to Primal Rights where we will review the information and sign off on the forms and send them to the ATF. Our address is:

Primal Rights
33 3rd St. Suite 101
Huron, SD 57350

Non-South Dakota Residents

If you are not a resident of South Dakota, and suppressors are legal in your state, you can still purchase a suppressor through Primal Rights. If you purchase a suppressor from us we will transfer it to your local Class 2 or 3 Dealer on an ATF Form 3. After your local dealer receives the Form 3 back from the ATF we will ship the suppressor to your dealer and then you start the Form 4 process with them.